Countries Where We Work
We are working alongside research partners in selected countries to develop the evidence-base around large scale national regulatory efforts aimed at preventing obesity. Our support in each country will vary depending on their unique needs and capabilities.
Currently collaborations are underway between UNC’s GFRP and teams in the following countries: (Note that in each country we note the lead collaborator but other institutions in each country are also involved.)
- Chile: Our collaborating partner is the Institute of Nutrition and Food Technology, University of Chile
- Mexico: Our collaborating partner is the Center for Research in Nutrition and Health at the National Institutes of Public Health
- South Africa: Our collaborating partner is PRICELESS SA (Priority Cost Effective Lessons for System Strengthening South Africa) is hosted by Wits University School of Public Health
- Colombia: Our collaborating partner is Department of Preventive and Social Medicine, School of Medicine, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana
- Brazil: Our collaborating partner is Center for Epidemiological Studies in Health and Nutrition, USP (NUPENS/USP), School of Public Health, University of Sao Paulo
We are also actively exploring opportunities to support and collaborate with other countries interested in implementing and evaluating innovative regulatory and policy options for improving food systems, diet quality, and population health.